Are you of legal drinking age?
You must be of legal age in accordance with the law of your province to access this website.
We're sorry, you are not old enough to enter
As Collective Arts grows, so do the roles and responsibilities of our team members. We look for all new hires to match our culture of creativity, flexibility, and motivation. When we hire you at Collective Arts Brewing, we hire for the future. With several career opportunities, Collective Arts invest in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. So, if you are energized by the idea of making a real difference as part of a winning team, we want to hear from you.
We are interested in hiring a Controller to lead the accounting and control function working out of our Hamilton location. This role will report to the VP Finance and will be responsible for the management of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, fixed asset, and production accounting.
The successful candidate will be attracted to this role because it offers the opportunity to be part of three dynamic, entrepreneurial, rapidly growing organizations where your career has the chance to grow at the same pace.
Lead and manages the timely close of our ledgers monthly, and will include:
- Timely closing of procure to pay and order to cash processes
- Timely closing of production and inventory
- Proper elimination of intercompany transactions
- Develop costing standards and maintain accuracy with BOM
- Account reconciliation and journal entries
- Perform balance sheet review in conjunction with VP Finance
- Explain monthly production variances
- Perform monthly filings of provisional and federal tax fillings
- Develop weekly cash forecast
- Lead monthly accounts receivable review (aging and deductions) with VP Finance
- Lead month actual review meeting with VP finance and Senior Manager Finance
Skills & Experience
- University degree with CPA designation
- Strong technical accounting
- Fast learner
- Agile and adaptable
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Strong business acumen with proficiency in accounting and operations
- Experience in Consumer-Packaged Good Industry
- Financial Agility, with the ability to communicate across all level of the organization
- Can Do, Grit, Growth Mindset and Ownership attitude is critical to this role
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- ERP knowledge, preferably SAP
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
Collective Arts is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer. We value and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees feel like they belong.
To apply please submit your resume, demo reel and any other applicable links to email@example.com with the subject of Controller. Also feel free to send anything else along that you think might help you stand out from the crowd.
Thank you for interest in Collective Arts Brewing and for taking your time to review this posting! Only potential candidates will be contacted back for an interview. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay aware of future job opportunities