Are you of legal drinking age?
You must be of legal age in accordance with the law of your province to access this website.
We're sorry, you are not old enough to enter
The Design Director will be the key to maintaining a consistent but ever evolving visual presence across all Collective Arts properties. The ability to imagine our brand at 40,000 feet and to execute and lead the day to day design requirements are the main priority of this position.
Discipline and innovation keep our brand whole and compelling. A significant amount of strategic thinking and execution has made our brand the leading craft brand in Ontario and beyond Canada. Our brand acceptance in new markets largely comes from the creative values we embrace and our disruptive brand, especially through our packaging at retail.
Design and creativity are paramount to the ongoing success of our company. Owning the trust of the creative community globally will be how we continue to flourish. Allocating resources and supporting creativity, design and innovation are significant key components to our brand’s future.
The Design Director will also work alongside the Collective Arts Communications Team by utilizing their expertise in areas of content creation- with a focus on packaging expertise.
The Design Director responsibilities include:
- You will be an active participant in establishing the look and feel of all CA brands, packaging, social, merchandising, spaces, events, marketing, communications and sales support materials
- The Design Director is an active designer and art director, mentor, and manager for the design team
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team you will represent the Design Team and attend all leadership meetings
- You will collaborate with marketing, communication and sales to define and execute effective creative solutions
- Maintaining brand standards across all of the Collective Arts brands
- Managing direct reports within the Design Department
- Managing a budget and project timelines
- As a senior member of the company, you are a brand champion and leader
Brand Design and Execution
Our brand continues to evolve. Integrating all components in a consistent manner builds our brand gestalt. Each piece of design fits into a larger picture. Brands evolve and managing the Collective Arts brand by pushing the boundaries of creativity will keep us continuously meaningful and compelling. Brand design is core to Collective Arts. This can include:
- Packaging systems: Collective Arts produces a wide array of products from our core craft beers, limited release and collaborative beer, innovation brews from our Toronto and soon to be opened Brooklyn breweries, cider, gins, ready to drink cocktails, seltzers, cannabis beverages, coffee and others. This will offer an endless source of creative challenges.
- Brand experience design including events, sponsorships, retail and hospitality, merchandise, apparel, and promotions
- The brand identity for Collective Arts
We’re looking for candidates who have/are:
- 5+ years of experience managing a design team(s)
- 8+ years of professional experience within design, preferably within a CPG sector
- 5+ years of expertise in packaging design
- A strong portfolio of work that has set a standard of innovation
- Proven ability to lead and manage design projects (print, environmental and digital, marketing and communications)
- Proven history of innovative design and the ability to think outside the norms and challenge the status quo
- Proven history of working within brand systems and participating in a collaborative work setting
- The ability to prove the importance of sweating the details, design, typography and execution. You have intimate knowledge of print and design in a 3D space
Collective Arts is a grassroots brewery founded on creativity and community. We fuse the creativity of craft beverages with the inspired talents of emerging artists and musicians from around the world. As Collective Arts grows, so do the roles and responsibilities of our team members. We look for all new hires to match our culture of creativity, flexibility and motivation. When we hire you at Collective Arts Brewing, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Collective Arts invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. So, if you are energized by the idea of making a real difference as part of a winning team, we want to hear from you.
We are an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer. We value and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees feel like they belong. We will provide accommodations to support applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. Please contact us at the below email should you require any accommodation to participate in the process.
Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org