Are you of legal drinking age?
You must be of legal age in accordance with the law of your province to access this website.
We're sorry, you are not old enough to enter
The Head Brewer is responsible for all aspects of beer production at our Toronto facility. They will lead and execute on brewing standards, specifications and processes at this site. The Head Brewer reports to the Brewmaster and Senior Management.
A typical day as the Head Brewer includes:
- Planning and execution of brewing unique beer that represents the modus operandi of Collective Arts
- Developing new and innovative experimental products for regular release including but not limited to utilizing a vast array of hop varieties, a wide range of yeasts/bacteria for various fermentation and sourcing methods, wood ageing, a variety of secondary raw ingredients, etc.
- Being responsible for the efficiency of production, quality of the product being produced, and the safety of the brewing and production staff
- Working collaboratively with Quality Assurance (QA) team in Hamilton, ON, and communicating any events/issues that affect the overall quality of the product and work with off-site QA to resolve
- Ordering and management of raw material inventory, taking responsibility in record keeping, and developing a positive working environment
- Foster a disciplined environment and implement practices that promote safety, quality and productivity by adhering to Health and Safety standards
- Assist with training of new employees to company standards and operational activities
- Promote and role model positive feedback and constructive forms of identifying opportunities for improvement through all levels of the organization
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- 3+ years of professional brewery experience
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate people
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of materials and equipment used within beer production
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines with a strong sense of urgency
- Ensure adherence to Health and Safety regulations and company standards by all staff
- Carrying and lifting heavy items, transferring, lifting and pushing items, working in awkward positions, operating heavy equipment, or holding body in one position for a prolonged period
- Ability to lift 20kgs repetitively throughout a shift
- Standing for long periods of time in a warehouse environment
- A high school or equivalent, College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
- Brewing specific post-secondary education is an asset
- Head Brewer/Management experience within a brewery is an asset
Collective Arts is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer. We value and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees feel like they belong.
To apply please submit your resume and any other applicable links to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Head Brewer. Also feel free to send anything else along that you think might help you stand out from the crowd.
Thank you for interest in Collective Arts Brewing and for taking your time to review this posting! Only potential candidates will be contacted back for an interview. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay aware of future job opportunities!