Are you of legal drinking age?
You must be of legal age in accordance with the law of your province to access this website.
We're sorry, you are not old enough to enter
Collective Arts Brewing Co (CAB) is seeking a Plant Engineer to oversee all aspects of Engineering and CAPEX in our brewing facility in Hamilton, ON. The Plant Engineer will be responsible for managing all aspects of brewery engineering projects including the identification of new projects to achieve safety, quality, productivity, production flexibility, and capacity requirements. They will be accountable for all aspects of project execution including mechanical design, equipment layouts, vendor/contractor management, equipment selection and procurement, schedule management, project finances, site management and start-up support.
A typical day as a Plant Engineer includes:
- Managing and executing projects related to facilities, utilities, brewing, packaging, safety and quality. Processes include milling, conveying, mashing, brewing, cleaning, fermentation, kegging, canning, sleeving, packaging, palletizing, and water/wastewater operations
- Developing project scope of work, capital budgets, specification creation and assigning work. Validate cost savings, investment justifications (ROI), and cost value analyses
- Building and managing the project schedule, define the critical path, and track activities to ensure functional team members are meeting agreed upon deadlines
- Being responsible for vendor negotiations and purchasing of equipment and services. Execute projects and monitor cash flow to achieve schedule and budget requirements. Generating and communicating project status and reporting. Ensure projects are delivered within budget and on schedule while targeted objectives are meeting overall business needs. Identify project resource requirements and escalates critical issues
- Reviewing blueprints and managing consultants, engineers and contractors on various facility upgrades; provide recommendations for changes or additions. Designing systems, plans installations, and oversees placing new equipment into operations
- Providing and maintaining all detailed project documentation including but not limited to project definition, roadmaps, project plans and testing plans, etc. Prepare P&IDs, CAD drawings, plans, specifications, technical analysis and other documentation needed to define the scope of a project or to resolve a technical issue
- Coordinating and facilitating project meetings including kick-off, project team meetings, risk assessments, lessons learned, post launch reviews and additional meetings as required
- Developing and executing facility/product plans to ensure they meet current and future business requirements (e.g., health and safety, good manufacturing practice, quality, volume and product growth, regulatory requirements, and new product introductions).
- Completing project closeout including transfer of project records and documentation of acceptance criteria
- Supporting brewery leadership in identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives, cost reductions, and capacity requirements while enabling a growing variety of recipes, styles, and packaging options
- Assisting in the development of capital plan budgets to support 3-5 year strategic plans
- Providing technical training and development to operators, brewers and maintenance technicians in support of new technology or problem solving/resolution.
- Remaining current on Plant and Industry technical needs
We’re looking for candidates who have/are:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience. MUST have Professional Engineering certification.
- Minimum of 8 years of increasing responsibility in plant engineering and project management working with process and high-speed packaging lines, automation, or manufacturing applications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with full cycle capital project management from appropriation to field start up ideally in beverage, food, dairy, or consumer products environments. Experience in alcohol production is preferred
- Design knowledge of facility infrastructure in order to evaluate operating efficiencies including: glycol cooling systems, boiler, HVAC, chilled water, compressed air, water treatment, ventilation, drain systems and structural modifications, building structure, as well as process pumps/piping.
- Knowledge of process mechanical design including process flow diagrams and piping & instrument diagrams (P&IDs) , CAD creation an asset
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, OSHA safety regulations, and other related codes and regulations applying to the operation of a brewery
- Computer and Software Skills: AutoCAD required, proficiency with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLCs and controls hardware preferred.
- Effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision. Proper balancing of priorities is critical to ensure that project performance aligns with the needs of the business.
- Travel up to 15% of the time (North America)
Collective Arts is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer. We value and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees feel like they belong.
To apply please submit your resume and any other applicable links to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Plant Engineer.
Thank you for interest in Collective Arts Brewing and for taking your time to review this posting! Only potential candidates will be contacted back for an interview. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay aware of future job opportunities!