Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Purchasing Intern will help to maintain effective supplier relationships and create efficiencies in packaging raw materials in a timely manner. This role relies heavily on a strong ability to communicate clearly and handle deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This role will work closely with the production, planning, and innovation team and give a student experience working first hand in Supply Chain.
This is a Summer internship (May-Aug).
A typical day as a Purchasing Intern includes:
- Work with various business units within the company to identify cost savings opportunities through order optimization and/or alternate products or vendors
- Assist in process improvements in the ordering of small scale goods
- Source new vendors that will help reduce the cost of good
- Track and report key functional metrics
- Support Procurement team with raw materials and packaging inventory management, ordering and production planning
We’re looking for candidates who have/are:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills and initiative to adapt and overcome in the face of adversity
- Commitment to building effective internal relationships with all stakeholders (Order Fulfillment, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Senior Management)
- A broader understanding of fiscal management and responsibility
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to problem solve effectively and handle multiple tasks
Collective Arts is a grassroots brewery founded on creativity and community. We fuse the creativity of craft beverages with the inspired talents of emerging artists and musicians from around the world. As Collective Arts grows, so do the roles and responsibilities of our team members. We look for all new hires to match our culture of creativity, flexibility and motivation. When we hire you at Collective Arts Brewing, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Collective Arts invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. So, if you are energized by the idea of making a real difference as part of a winning team, we want to hear from you.
We are an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer. We value and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees feel like they belong. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the recruitment and selection process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Please contact us at the below email should you require any accommodation to participate in the process.
Questions – email@example.com