Are you of legal drinking age?
You must be of legal age in accordance with the law of your province to access this website.
We're sorry, you are not old enough to enter
The Senior Brewer operates our 60-Hectoliter semi-automated brewing system. Aspects of this system includes milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, hop additions, whirlpool, wort cooling and is responsible for pre and post cleaning and sanitation of all equipment. The Senior Brewer is also responsible for cellar tasks including, but not limited to, yeast pitching, filtration, beer transfers, tank CIPs, various fermentation additions, maintenance of parts and hoses, and yeast management. The Senior Brewer is expected to Lead by Example, and once eligible for growth, this position may evolve into a Lead Brewer status, rewarding proficiency.
A typical day as a Senior Brewer includes:
- Working closely with brewing team to achieve desired quality and production targets;
- Completing assigned tasks in accordance with company standard operating procedures and guidelines (SOP/SOG).
- Keeping accurate inventory tracking data and quality management of raw materials and chemicals.
- Periodic handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Keeping accurate daily production records per company and Federal Requirements.
- Continually maintaining cleanliness in all beer production areas including equipment – (mill room, brewhouse, fermentation, and filtration, spent grain area, bulk grain and grain storage area, as well as all walkways and areas around or leading to the brewhouse and cellar).
- Assisting maintenance technicians with equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Following daily and weekly cleaning schedules to maintain a clean working environment.
- Attending Monthly Brewing meetings and contributing to product improvement.
- Operating and monitoring electronic and computerized brew systems.
- Mentor Brewers and Jr. Brewers to be proficient at all tasks, with emphasis on cleanliness and parameter accuracy.
- Training Brewing Staff and continually assist hitting goals for Brewing Department, with a focus on improving safety, reducing cost, heighten output and improving quality
- Provide leadership and direction that will enable high productivity, morale, safety and produce consistent production standards across all shifts
- Develop, maintain and nurture a positive work environment
- Proactively Identify performance improvements, downtime issues, and quality issues
- Support the KPIs of the organization and shift transitions through daily reporting
- Reporting quality control issues to Production Manager and Quality Control Manager
- Fostering a disciplined environment and implement practices that promote safety, quality cleanliness and productivity
- Implementing and monitoring initiatives for continuous production and quality improvement in safety, efficiency, product development, process and profitability
- Responsible for the quality and consistency of the product
We’re looking for candidates who have/are:
- High school or equivalent, College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Brewing specific post-secondary education is an asset
- 2-4 years of professional brewery experience
- Supervision experience within a brewery is an asset
- Physically demanding
- Physical requirements of the role: carrying/lifting heavy items, transferring/lifting or pushing items, working in awkward positions, operating heavy equipment, or holding body in one position for a prolonged period
- Ability to lift 25kgs repetitively throughout a shift
- Standing for long periods of time in a warehouse environment
Collective Arts is a grassroots brewery founded on creativity and community. We fuse the creativity of craft beverages with the inspired talents of emerging artists and musicians from around the world. As Collective Arts grows, so do the roles and responsibilities of our team members. We look for all new hires to match our culture of creativity, flexibility and motivation. When we hire you at Collective Arts Brewing, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Collective Arts invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. So, if you are energized by the idea of making a real difference as part of a winning team, we want to hear from you.
We are an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer. We value and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees feel like they belong. To apply please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Senior Brewer. Also feel free to send anything else along that you think might help you stand out from the crowd.